Items of Esteem
- Alumni Achievement Award
Dr Furat Al-Faraj (graduated in summer 2015) who was supervised by Prof. Scholz received The University of Salford Alumni Achievement Award in 2016.
- Invited International Paper Contributions
- On 27 December 2018, Keynote presentation on Sustainable Water Treatment: Engineering Solutions for a Variable Climate at the 9th Symposium and Workshop entitled “Cross-strait Cooperation on Constructed Wetland Technology and Urban Agglomerations Construction. Shenzhen, Hong Kong and Macao, China (26-31 December 2018). Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Sun Yat-sen University (Taiwan) and Taiwan Wetland Society, etc.
- On 8 February 2018, Keynote presentation on Wetland Systems Used for Flood and Diffuse Pollution Control: Integration of Hydro-environment, Energy and Decision Making at the 9th International Conference on Environmental Science and Development (7-9 February 2018), Paris, France.
- On 28 November 2017, Keynote Plenary Presentation on “Recycling of domestic wastewater treated by VerticalFlow Wetlands for irrigating crops” at the 1st International Conference on “Conventional and Modern Approaches in Plant Sciences (CMAPS-17)” (28-29 November), Lahore, Pakistan. http://pu.edu.pk/home/section/conferences/7443.
- On 19 October 2017,Sustainable Drainage Systems Used for Flood and Diffuse Pollution Control: Integration of Hydro-environment, Energy and Decision Making. Keynote speech on “Sustainable Drainage: Planning, Regulation and Management” (SUSTDRAIN 2017) conference (19 and 20 October 2017), Lisbon, Portugal.
- In March 2017, Guest Speaker invitation to the conference Biotechnologies for Controlling Non-point source Pollution and Protecting Natural Waters (BNPW-2017), Nanjing (China), 26 and 29, March 2017. Title: Wetland Systems to Treat Diffuse Pollution (27 March 2017).
- Invited Lecture: Wetland Systems Used for Flood and Diffuse Pollution Control: Integration of Hydroenvironment, Energy and Decision Making, Chongqing Jiaotong University, 21 March 2017.
- On 30 November 2016, Keynote presentation on Wetlands for Flood and Diffuse Pollution Control: Integration of Hydro-environment, Energy and Decision Making. Conference on Architecture and Design Stories – Art and Culture for Preventing Floods. Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy.
- On 24 July 2016, Keynote presentation on Advances in Wetlands for Water Pollution Control at the 2016 International Conference on Water Resource and Environment (WRE2016), Shanghai, China. http://cn.wreconf.org/2016/.
- Invited Lecture: Potential Tree Species for Use in Urban Development and Regeneration, Chongqing Jiaotong University, 2 June 2016.
- In July 2015, Keynote Speech invitation to the 2015 International Conference on Water Resource and Environment (WRE2015), 25-27 July 2015, Beijing, China.
- In 2016, Invitation to present a Keynote Speech on Green Infrastructure. 4th International Environment Conference 2016 (2-3 March 2016). Ajman – United Arab Emirates. https://www.sciencetarget.com/conf/index.php/aiec/AIEC2016.
- Membership of the Scientific Committee of a Substantial International Conference
International Water Association (IWA) in collaboration with Tongji University and Chongqing University organized the 14th IWA International Conference on Wetland Systems for Water Pollution Control (ICWS2014) from 12th–16th October 2014 in Shanghai, China.
- External Referee for Senior Promotions
- Assessment of the candidate application documentation for the evaluation of his promotion to Associate Professor on behalf of the Royal Military College of Canada (Ontario) on 22 January 2016.
- Assessment of the candidate application documentation for the evaluation of his promotion to Senior Lecturer on behalf of the University of KwaZulu-Natal (South Africa) on 22 July 2020.
- Assessment of the candidate application documentation for the evaluation of his promotion to Associate Professor on Permanent (Full) Tenure on behalf of COMSATS University Islamabad (Pakistan) on 24 July 2020.
- Assessment of the candidate application documentation for the evaluation of his promotion to Professor (Level 4) on behalf of the Federation University (Australia) on 4 November 2020.